Friday, September 13, 2013

Triskaidekaphobia? I don't think so.

Happy Friday the 13th! It's been a busy week in and out of the classrooms. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it into the classrooms this week. But I was amazed by everything that went on without me. I guess I'm not as important as I thought. 

Here's our week in review:

  • Mrs. Guillory and Mrs. Heath have pushed on with Genius Hour, riding the wave of excitement from the students. The students have been coming up with questions all week long. 
  • The tweeting has been awesome! I have the classroom accounts pulled up on Tweetdeck so I can follow what's happening. I've seen student work, learning objectives, questions from students, parent events, videos, and more. As a parent, I would love to have this kind of access to my child's classroom. 
  • Kid tweeting! Several students have been given the opportunity to post their thoughts from the classroom. Mrs. Guillory gave the duties over to Katherine yesterday.
  • Ms. Eastman's blog has been hopping. She's had several posts about classroom happenings. We installed the "follow by email" widget to her blog and I signed up. So I know exactly when an update has been made. Very easy.
  • I've spent a chuck of time getting Ms. Eastman's iPads ready go. They are loaded, cased, and sitting right next to me ready to go out Monday. 
Next week, I get to start Ms. Eastman's class with their iPads. I've modified the scavenger hunt a bit to fit their 1:1 model. So they are going to have a lot of fun on Monday. I plan to get out to Shepard to continue our Genius Hour projects. Really, it's me getting caught up with their progress. Which is exactly what we want to happen. Can't wait to see what happens next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment